Updated 9th November 2020
Our boating community really matters to us and in these extraordinary times, Campbell Wharf Marina again has a responsibility to our community and families to impose the further ‘National Restrictions’ lockdown sanctions imposed by HM Government as of Thursday 5th November.
To keep the most vulnerable members of our community safe, we are asking all marina users to respect the advice and not to travel to the marina, unless your boat is your ‘home’.
To remind you of the new rules that are relevant to us all:
- You should stay at home where possible.
- You should avoid travelling in/out of your local area
- Although you can visit outdoor public spaces with family, the marinas are private property not public spaces.
- You cannot travel in your boat unless essential
- You cannot stay overnight on your boat - unless your boat is your home.
- Holidays on your boat are not allowed.
- Leisure Customers must return to their primary residence.
- Customers that cannot return should sign a declaration to declare this.
- Customers can have a single visitor from the same household bubble, this bubble cannot be changed, your visitor must stay on your boat and not use any marina facilities.
- You must not meet on your boat with friends or family (unless part of your bubble).
- You must not be outside your boat except for specific purposes this includes education, work, exercise, medical and shopping for essential items
- If you wish to exercise within the marina this is done only with the people you live with, however you should minimise time spent outside and when around others ensure that you are 2 metres apart or 1 metre with precaution and wearing a face mask.
- We are opening the disabled washroom only although we ask that you use the facilities on your boat when possible
- We will only allow work persons on the marina for essential work repairs, you must report to the office with the details for track and trace purposes.
- We will not be allowing customers to enter the Office unless invited, contact will be through an open window.
- Payments for goods will be by card/contactless and mooring payments should be made electronically by bank transfer where possible.
We appreciate that lockdown is difficult for everyone and we have tried to create guidelines that are workable and effective. It is incumbent on us all to respect the guidelines However if customers flout the guidelines then we will have a zero tolerance policy. Please respect this and help keep our community safe.
It is critical that everybody observes the following key behaviours:
- HANDS – Wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds.
- FACE – Wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
- SPACE – Stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place.
We would like to thank everyone that has observed the controls we have put in place and the support and respect you have given the NHS and carers throughout this pandemic.
Neil Warren and the Marina Team